Wednesday, November 19, 2008

One Special Blanket

We're all on the mend and the kids were even able to go to school today. Thank you so much to all of you that checked in with us to see if we were OK and if we needed anything.

All was not lost, I was able to finish the crochet trim on a receiving blanket to be sent off to mama to mama. The goal was to use repurposed fabric, so I used this thrifted sheet and some yellow flannel that I've had in my fabric stash for about 10 years...it was never the right yellow to go with anything. Normally I would go way to overboard on these types of projects and try to make 101 blankets to send off, therby completely overwhelming myself and burning myself out. But this time, I was thinking of just one special baby that will be wrapped in my one special blanket. How fulfilling.

3 comments:

  1. That baby is a special one. That blanket was made with a lot of love.

    Glad everyone is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just gave you an award! :-) Come by my blog and pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blanket is gorgeous - it has a beautiful nostalgic feel to it and I like that it is simple - not too busy - you've made me rethink the blanket I have just started making!!

    ReplyDelete