Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Makin' Babies


Friends of ours are having a baby *yeah* and in addition to giving them a gift for the baby, we wanted to give them a little something for their two big sisters. I found this pattern on line and can't say enough about how stinkin' cute these little babies turned out. The are so cuddly and soft and they really do give you a hug when you hug them. I used flannel for their bodies and flannel scraps for the diapers - they're reversible. Sara just had to have one too, so I made her's out of a tea dyed flannel that I had - much cuter for skin tone. Now she wants 2 or 3 more diapers. Wouldn't these make great Christmas presents? Hmm...

9 comments:

  1. Very cute! You might just get me to sew some day if you keep showing me these cute things you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so sweet. You did a great job with the eyes, I know I couldn't make them look that cute. Did you embroider them on by hand?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    Yes, I did embroider the eyes by hand - but let me just say I am not an embroiderer. You could so do this. I just drew a circle, stitched around the circle, then filled it in. The circles weren't even the same size but you can't tell. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so cute!! I may have to make some even thought I have all boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just went to Woodchesters to buy a squirrel and you are out of them! :O(
    Are you going to make some more?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet...I may have to make some.thanks for sharing the picture and the link.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are seriously adorable! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will be making more wooden animals including squirrels - soon.

    If you really want one, just go in and request a custom order. It doesn't cost extra :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! As usual, you are the queen of great ideas:)

    ReplyDelete