Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Love Affair with Bamboo

Have you ever worked with Hemp or Bamboo fabric? I've heard a lot about it, but had never come across any. The only hemp that I had any experience with was the hemp string that you make bracelets with and it's a bit scratchy. The other day I came across some bamboo batting at a local fabric shop and let me tell you, this stuff is so soft. It's softer than the warm and natural and ...well it's just yummy! Sewing with it is a dream - I want to start putting it in all of my quilts.

There is one problem with it though. When you're working with the bamboo, you can't stop singing this song. Consider yourself warned.

2 comments:

  1. I was trying to figure out what song you could possibly be referring to. I laughed so hard as soon as I saw the title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!:) I haven't heard that song in years.

    ReplyDelete