Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Apricots and School Supplies

Growing up I was always very picky when it came to food. Basically any fruit or veggie was out of the question. Now that I'm older and my pallet has gone beyond cookies and brownies, I find myself trying new things. Melody asked the other day if I wanted any apricots from her garden. Do you like apricots? I'm not sure, I don't think I've ever tried one. So I made apricot jam and tried it - I love apricot jam! The moral of the story is try something new, you might like it....or if you add enough sugar, anything tastes great.
Every once in awhile, a grand idea hits that makes you feel really smart. At times like that, it's nice to share with others so they can benefit from your brilliance - and tell you how smart you are. Here I'll just show you...Isn't that brilliant? In all honesty, this wasn't really my brilliant idea, but my dear friend Anne's idea. She suggested it for all of our gloves, scarfs, beanies, etc. in the coat closet. When it came to school supplies, I just re-invented the wheel in the Room of Requirement - aka my studio. I know, I know...you're disappointed that I went for this cheap store bought version with plastic, and that I didn't sew my own elaborate version with some adorable fabric - but cut a girl a break, I was canning all day.

Now I think I'll have some toast and apricot jam and revel in my brilliance - pssst... if you've seen this idea someplace before, don't burst my bubble, just let me enjoy the moment :)

3 comments:

  1. I love these shoe organizers and use them all over my house, for everything but shoes LOL

    I have one on the back of my studio door to sort my fabric scraps by color.

    I have one on the back of my linnen closet door to sort family medications and first aid supplies

    I have one hanging on the wall in the garage for DH to sort all of his screws, bolts, nuts etc.

    The back of the boys bedroom door to sort their matchbox cars.

    There are millions of uses for these fun hangers.

    Oh, and I bought the cheap plastic ones too, I would rather sew something fun than waste my time on organizers *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am addicted to apricot jam!!
    I LOVE it!
    The best breakfast or bedtime snack is tea and toast with apricot jam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your jam looks good. i like the idea for your school supplies. i use to use one for my mixed media stuff too

    ReplyDelete