Tuesday, August 5, 2008

New Addition

to the sewing room.Sara and her machine are now a permanent addition to the room of requirement. After dragging her machine out and putting it back a few times, we've decided to keep it out permanently. She's currently working on her first quilt - a crazy quilt. Sewing all of the flannel scraps together. There is something wonderful about looking up and seeing her there, hearing the steady sound of our machines together and enjoying those moments of conversation that come between a mother and a daughter. Often I've heard her in there sewing by herself and several times have received the invitation, "hey mom, do you want to sew with me?"

I register the boys for school today. It won't be as much fun as registering for elementary school. This time it's pretty much filling out papers and walking with my kids a few feet in front of me as to not be seen with their mom. Aaron will say hi to everyone there...they all know him...and Josh will walk quietly by his side trying to take it all in for the first time - his first year in Jr. High. 7th and 9th grade...I'm really not ready for this.

5 comments:

  1. How sweet! My soon to be 4 year old always has her hands on my machine. I can't wait until she's actually old enough to use it.
    Have fun with that cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome for you. My daughter keeps asking for a machine. I might need to endulge her. I have my sewing room set up so friends can come over and sew. It would be great to sew with my daughter.
    I know how you feel about your boys. I have a senior and a sophmore. Definately not ready for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! I still can't get even my adult girls to sit by a sewing machine. I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! It isn't the extra sewing machine I'd need to sew with my girls, it's patience! I wish that I could buy some at the store!

    Sara looks so content. I can't wait to see her results. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teaching them young is a good way to go ..I wished i had of done that .but i could not sow my self . I have only been sewing for 2 years
    .

    ReplyDelete