Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Doll Quilt Swap

I've been just about to burst waiting for Scott to receive the quilt that I sent him for the swap. He just posted about it on his blog, so I can spill the beans. I had originally made the very girly cathedral window quilt, then found out that I was sending a quilt to a "manquilter". When I got the specs, he said that among other things, he liked colors from the civil war era and chickens. I poked around on his blog a little and from what I could gather, he was a little tired of his office job, which I can totally relate to, now that I work at home instead of in an office. I still wanted to send a cathedral window, then the idea hit me...gray, chickens, cathedral window....chicken wire/office cubicals.I left one of the cubicals empty - no chicken - and replaced it with a hand stitched nest with a few blue nickels - the name of Scott's studio - and wrote a special note that I hand stitched on the back of the quiltI tea dyed the quilt to give it a little more authentic look and at the risk of being a little cheesy, added a button of a rooster. One "manquilter" among the many chicks. It was a lot of fun getting to "know" him through his blog, and trying to personalize the quilt. I'm definitely up for another trade...after a little while.

6 comments:

  1. Holy smokes, you outdid yourself!!

    What a great swapper you are, you REALLY went through the trouble of creating a very personal gift for someone.

    Lucky him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever are you?! I wouldn't have come up with all of that in a million years -- I bet he absolutely loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so cool. clever to make him such a person quilt. i'm envious. love those chickens, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very cool! I love the one that flew the coop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love how much effort and love you put into this quiltie!! what a great swap partner you are

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did your quilt swapping partner like his quilt you made him?

    ReplyDelete