Saturday, August 9, 2008

Keeping Up with Nagymama

The book bag is done...
I have added a little swirly S on the right corner of the flap, so I'll have to take another picture and show you the inside as well. Today we went to the Tango House in Provo. It's this awesome Argentine restaurant - very personal and cozy. The occasion? Nagymama is visiting. That's Hungarian for grandma. She arrived late Friday night and we've been cramming in all kinds of fun and chatting. That lady has some wonderful stories - living through the Hungarian Revolution, moving to Argentina when she was a teenager, starting a new life, the death of her husband....so many stories. At the Tango House, she and my husband spoke Spanish to the owner, Hungarian to each other and English to the kids and I. Sometimes they slip up and start speaking to me in Hungarian - I'm completely lost - and Spanish - I'm mostly lost.

It's been a busy 24 hours and I'm exhausted - in a good way. It has been nice to sit here and type - a few stolen moments to myself, while I listen to the steady rhythm of a not so foreign language coming from the living room.

4 comments:

  1. I love the colors! That is a great bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bag!!! is it your own pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, everything you do is so cute! I wanna be like you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute bag! It's Cath Kidston fabric, btw, and it's great! Nice blog, I'm a SAHM too!

    ReplyDelete