Friday, June 27, 2008

Free to be You and Me

Thank you for all of the encouraging comments on the quilt. It really was a labor of love.
Today I'm going to keep this picture in my mind. It seems to say - lazy summer days. Kick off your shoes relax and lazily pass the day. Amongst all of the projects piling up and the mess that goes with that, laundry, housecleaning, the quilt show and everything else that's on the to do list today, I'm promising myself that I'm not going to get overwhelmed. Come what may, I'm going to take a deep breath, kick off my shoes and have a pleasant summer day. The whole time singing this song in my head. Does anyone remember that movie? This was my favorite song (yes that is Michael Jackson) and who couldn't love the babies. After all of that reminiscing, I just went to Amazon and picked up a copy of the DVD What can I say, I'm a 70's kid.

2 comments:

  1. So what is "Free to be You and Me?" I've never heard of it. I watched the video on YouTube; I like the song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a children's movie from the 70's. We used to get the movie reel from the library and watch it on Fridays during the summer at daycare. There are other clips from it on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete