Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Smocking Good Day of Sewing

I'm up way too late, shopping for fabric on line. Don't you love that? Even though it's light until well past 8:00 pm, there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day. The kids have been staying up late which pushes my bedtime back as well. While I love the extra time with them, there comes a time in every mama's day when she needs to just sit and reflect on the day. Uninterrupted quiet time.

I did spend a little, tiny bit of time sewing this weekend.
OK, maybe a little more time than I thought. But you know how it is with some of those projects. Once you start, you just can't put it down. I had planned on taking pictures along the way to share with you, but I didn't remember until it was finished.My model came cheap at $2 for the entire photo shoot. In true premadonna, model fashion she was pitching a fit about the shirt that she was wearing under it. Sara has texture issues when it comes to clothes and the yellow undershirt was too tight and too short for her liking. After all of that, you can only see it in this one shot from the back.I used Amy Butler fabric on the smock and for the binding/bias tape. This was my first experience with her fabric, and I loved working with it and couldn't be happier with the way it turned out. The pattern called for ties with the binding tape, but since I ran out of fabric and since I have that lovely snap press, I just added a few snaps on the back.The pockets are just too adorable for words. Again, I didn't plan on enough fabric for the binding so I had to improvise with some ribbon that Melissa sent in the mail. Doesn't it look like it was planed that way? After mulling it over a little, I decided to put it up for sale at Universal Mama, but I'm almost hoping it doesn't sell. Sara is really hoping it doesn't sell, but she has dibs on the next one.

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love this! It takes me back, I can't wait to sew for my grandkids! Assuming I get any.

    ReplyDelete