Thursday, June 19, 2008

Cover Girl or Peppermint Patty

I've always been very tomboyish. In fact in school they used to call me Peppermint Patty. Make-up is not my thing. I do wear the occasional mascara and eye liner, but that's about it. As you know, we've been spending a lot of time at the ball park lately. Everyone in the city is there and most of the women are dressed up looking their best. I had a really busy day of sewing, and getting ready for the quilt show. I had to bag out of a lunch with the girls - which I've heard ended up lasting until 6:00 and included shopping - to help make preparations for our upcoming quilt show.

The time line was tight so I showered, threw on some jean shorts, a black and white striped t-shirt, my hair turned out cute -I'm not good at hair- put on some mascara and eyeliner and I looked pretty cute. So off we run...pick up Amber then head to the library, grab the display load it in the truck...then to the quilt show, unload the display, revamp it for the show....back track to the library, where did that wheel go?....back track to the quilt show, no wheel. Run back to Amber's for some change to buy a Squirt - I had never had a Squirt until 2 weeks ago, they are so good - back to drop Amber off. Pick up Aaron and run him to the ball park. Stop by the store to pick up some snacks for the ball park. Back to the house to grab Josh and Sara, then back to the park. Walk in, still feeling cute, and set up the chairs and umbrella for the game. I see everyone and their mother - literally, my friends mom was there. Talk with girl Chris awhile (her husbands name is Chris too so we call the boy Chris and girl Chris), she looks cute. Here comes my hubby - kiss. There's Amy and Jana, they had a great time at lunch and shopping - they look really cute too. I'm really glad that I took that few extra minutes to get dressed.

What a great day. I've talked to friends, I've talked to people I've never met before, I've talked to the people at the store. I've talked to my kids friends. It's amazing at the confidence a little mascara and a good hair day will give you.

The day is winding down and I head to the bathroom to get ready for bed. One glance in the mirror and I see that the black stripes on my shirt match the black lines under my eyes. Apparently the mascara or eyeliner had melted onto my face. My mind starts flashing images of all of the people that I had talked to. Nice. I think I'm going back to the basics - long live Peppermint Patty.Hey, I think I have an outfit just like that!

2 comments:

  1. Nice friends...ha ha ha! I would have told you if I was there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFLOL! But at least you can get away with wearing NO make-up & you STILL look cute!

    ReplyDelete