Friday, May 9, 2008

Sluffing

When I just signed in, I used my email address then ".coma" instead of .com....hmmm, fitting since it has been a week since my last post. That duck really did me in.

I have a million things to do today, so naturally I'm going to ditch it all (or sluff as they say here) and run off to the quilt show. I can't wait to see the last supper quilt in person. It's so important to take time out for ourselves, now and then, and be inspired by all of the talented people out there. Don't you think?
Did you ditch school, cut class or sluff? I had never heard of the word sluff until we moved here to Utah. We called it ditching or cutting. We saw an accident on the freeway, not a wreck on the road. We really felt the difference when we were playing pictionary with some friends a few weeks back. The word was barbed wire. I drew this...
Melody drew this...Can you tell who grew up in Southern CA and who grew up in rural Utah? Then it was our hubbies turn to draw. The word was shooting star. My guy drew a hand gun and a star. Melody's drew a shot gun and a star. We all busting out laughing. Funny thing about playing games, it's just like girls camp...when you're there it's so funny. When you write about it later...not so much.

Well off to the quilt show, then baseball and softball practice at 8:30 am...on Saturday...'nuf said.

1 comment:

  1. "Funny thing about playing games, it's just like girls camp...when you're there it's so funny. When you write about it later...not so much."
    Oh, I don't know...I laughed! And I still crack up when I hear of an "illegal ping in a sandstorm". LOL!

    ReplyDelete