Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Secret Life of (Quilting) Bees

"The world will give you that once in a while, a brief time out; the boxing bell rings and you go to your corner, where somebody dabs mercy on your beat-up life."

This weekend it was my sweet, sweet hubby that dabbed mercy upon my beat-up life in the form of a new sewing machine.
Along with the machine came 6 sewing classes. Yesterday was my first ever sewing class, and I have to say that while I love to just jump in and learn as I go, I really enjoyed the class. I learned little things like wind your bobbin at half speed so that you don't stretch your thread. Don't you just love little tips like that? Another tip, don't pull your thread out through the top of your machine - like when you're changing colors. Clip the thread at the top of the machine, then pull it out through the bottom by the needle. Apparently this helps to keep lint from building up in your machine. Are there any other tips that I've been missing out on? If you have one that would help me, post it in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment