Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Rock On Baby Quilt

Don't you just love finishing the binding on a quilt? It's the perfect ending to the quilt journey. This quilt is for a friend/business partner of my husbands. He and his wife are both teach music and are expecting a baby boy in July. My husband actually picked out the fabric. Not bad, huh? The print on the tan fabric is music instruments and the black has little music notes. I placed the fabric in a way that reminded me of piano keys. I'm making my way through the audio books in the classic section of our library and listened to Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy. Such a good book!
On Saturday we took a stroll through the Hallow and Josh showed off the hide out that he and a friend had been working on.
I was pretty impressed. They thrifted wood from the Hallow and a new house being built - the builder donated the wood and a few nails. Well, off to make dinner...

4 comments:

  1. The binding is one of my least favorite tasks, but I think I need to try a different method. I love your quilt very fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love it when I am putting on the binding. I think I love it because I can sit in front of the tv and do it. I just found your site today. I love all your pictures and your crafts. Do you also like Lord of the Rings?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stumbled across your blog and really love it! I spent WAY too much time looking at all the lovely things you make and getting all kinds of ideas and inspiration. I also have an Etsy store and am going to visit yours.

    By the way, I am not fond of the binding. Perhaps I just need to look at it differently. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to hate binding, then I found that method where you machine sew it on the front, then hand stitch it to the back. It's so much easier. I really should look into what it's called.

    ReplyDelete