Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Dentist and a Toilet Brush

That sounds like the beginnings of a good joke! Well, I have to say that I'm extremely happy today. Not even the gray clouds can get me down. As you know I've been dreading going to the dentist again for fear of losing a tooth. Really, I don't look like a toothless hillbilly and truth be told I've only had one tooth pulled, but it's traumatic. Especially when your one of those people that are obsessed with teeth. Since I was little I've dreamt of losing my teeth. It could have been that 4 years of braces that did it to me...but I digress. The good news is that they were able to fill my tooth and save it. There still is a chance that things could go south and I'll need to go back, but for now, it's over.


So yesterday I went to my first quilt guild meeting and really had a great time. Francine, the tip lady, gave us a great tip. Buy a new toilet brush and use it to pick up all of the little threads on the carpet, or hard wood floors, of your sewing room. It saves your vacuum and it really works. It even worked on clothes. So there you go, the tip of the day. I can see crafters everywhere hanging a toilet brush from those cute little peg racks in the studios.

I'm loving this free pattern - I'm gonna make me some of them- and am being inspired by these books by Konda. That girl is talented and inspiring. I'm trying to get her to blog.

Well, I've got to run...I've got some cloth pad orders to fill, lunch to eat and a toilet brush to buy. It's been nice chatting with you.

1 comment:

  1. I so feel you on the teeth thing. I actually had no cavities last time, I nearly danced home.
    OK I can see myself using a toilet brush to pick up the hairballs I drop everywhere....who needs a vacuum cleaner? LOL

    ReplyDelete