Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Dress

First of all, thank you all for the emails about teeth - your kind and funny thoughts were appreciated!

Warning: Spell check is not working - I take no responsibility for the poor spelling you are about to experience.

A few posts back, I mentioned that I was making a dress for Sara.
I just love the way it came out! The tiny polka dots on the brown top with the larger polka dots on the pink skirt. Mmm...mmm...mmm - and the top fit her, well, like it was made for her. The pink material was actually a sheer fabric so I added a layer of white silky material underneath the skirt. In the picture it looks a little bunchie around the waist, but in person, it's perfect for twirling.


The Wizard of Oz quilt I've eluded to is now unoffically named There's No Place Like Home and has reached the finishing stages. Everything is pieced and the borders have been added. Now onto quilting and adding all of the little details. While picking out the borders, some ladies were ooowing and ahhhing over the quilt (blush) and when I droped in the next day to pick up a couple of fat quarters, the owner was telling my husband (yes, he went into a quilt shop-he he) how talented I was (blush) and she told me that I should put together a pattern for the quilt. I'm telling you all of this not to brag, but because it was so exciting. I've put a lot of heart into that quilt and I think it looks great, but for someone else "in the field" to compliment me feels validating somhow, not to mention justifying those shopping trips.


Off to sew - I actually have a "play date" today.

No comments:

Post a Comment