Wednesday, January 2, 2008

These Painted Walls

Happy New Year! With the New Year, came new walls for our family room. They are actually a variation of the walls at our last house, which has made our home fell more like home.



So there you go - what do you think? Sort of a suede orange brown color? I'm not loving the quilt against that color, and will be moving it to a different room once the brown star quilt is finished - that should be the 3rd day of Never, but here's hoping.

There is something tranquil in painting walls. The blank canvas, your mind is free and allowed to wander, making plans, a fresh start. Hmm....it really does fulfill the homemaker in me. Now to convince someone, anyone to let me use the rest of the paint in another part of the house. I find myself saying things like, wouldn't you like this color in your room, what about the bathroom - maybe I'll have to branch out to someone outside of my own family.

The kids are back to school and I'm back to "work". A couple of new things in the Etsy Shop and my first custom order - woo hoo! Maybe, just maybe I'll get to that Baklava recipe this week. Have you made any before? This will be a first, so any tips would be great!

1 comment:

  1. Good job!

    I'm getting ready to do my kitchen now. I always second guess my color choice and have too many worries. I love it when it's over, though.

    Love the quilt! I don't think it matters too much that it's not an exact match. Don't worry about it.

    ReplyDelete