Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Doll That Inspires

This next week is full of merry making. Sara is turning 8 tomorrow and Josh is turning 12 in a few days. They are both really excited. A Sacajawea doll was in the works for Sara, but I've only been able to buy the materials, and dream her up - a topsi turvey doll.

I was inspired by this doll that I had growing up. Little Red Riding Hood...

Flip her over and she becomes Grandma...

And get this - flip her bonnet over and she becomes the wolf! How cool is that? I was such a tomboy growing up that I didn't have any dolls except this one. As you can see, the wolf was my favorite part and it got a lot of action.

Sacajawea won't have a third wolf side to her, she'll either have a regular side and a sleeping side or Indian attire and early American attire, but I have to do a little research to see if she ever dressed in American garb. She did wear a string of blue beads around her waste, so I'm going to hand sew a few on.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. I had that EXACT same doll! I was born in 72, how about you?

    ReplyDelete