Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Birthday Month

Amongst all of the birthday fun in our home this month, there has still been a little crafting going on. I love this idea that Amanda had where she came up with one gift idea then gave that to everyone on her Christmas list.

I turned to Sew Mama Sew for some inspiration. They have so many cute project with tutorials. I picked one -don't want to spoil the surprise- and started making birthday gifts for this year. As far as family goes, I'm covered through July - thank you Amanda!

My Wizard of Oz quilt made it's first appearance of the year over the weekend. After having poured so much into it, I had packed away for the holidays and to keep from getting quilter's block (hehe). So out it came. I picked it up and put it down a few dozen times and finally added a few new pieces.

On the birthday horizon...I'm off to make some "peanut butter brownies" for Josh's birthday tomorrow. I'm not sure why he calls them brownies, there is nothing brownie about them. They are actually a peanut butter bar cookie topped with peanut butter frosting and drizzled with chocolate. Yum. -I'll post some pictures and the recipe tomorrow-

Is that strange? Cookies for your birthday? I come from a long line of cake neigh sayers -and pizza haters for that matter. Who doesn't like pizza? My family. And they think I'm weird because I don't like ice cream? Am I alone on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment