Thursday, December 13, 2007

Presents - check

Two posts in one day...are you impressed or what? Actually, I've finished up a bunch of gifts and feel like I've just crossed the finish line -whew...


Let's share... First, are the lovely homemade candies. The peanut butter fudge is a staple, but the hand dipped chocolate covered caramels are a first for me this year thanks to my dear friend Amber who first let me try hers, then gave me the recipe and finally helped me figure out how to fix my way too hard caramels. Apparently I'm in a higher altitude and have to adjust things. They are sooo yummy!
Next there are the paper boxes that my son Josh made. He made a few for Amber, then me, then when I hit him up for some more he taught me how to make them. Give a mom a fish and you feed her for a day. Teach her to fish and you feed her for a lifetime - smart boy.

These are made out of 12 x 12 paper for the top and an 11 3/4 by 11 3/4 paper for the bottom. He learned how to make them on youtube. Oh yes, and a few homemade tags.

5 astronauts a leaping...the girls have lazy daisy embroidered bangs. These are from the weewonderfuls pattern - http://weewonderfuls.typepad.com/wee_wonderfuls/

3 fabric journals - from the sew mama sew tutorials - http://www.sewmamasew.com/blog2/

And finally this huge and adorable fabric box filled with the rest of the homemade caramel. The fabric is actually a dark forest green, but with the crazy lighting conditions around here lately, it's showing up black. Won't those look nice on the table for grazing. Free tutorial at Melissa's blog http://melissagoodsell.typepad.com/day_to_day/2007/12/day-21---fabric.html - ok so I'm still figuring out HTML codes - any tips on making that link appear as the person's name only?

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

2 comments:

  1. In blogger you type the persons name, highlight it then use the link button to paste the site address and that makes the name active. Not sure if that makes sense.

    And wow, you've been busy! Love the little astronauts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well - hells bells -no wonder I couldn't figure it out, it was too easy. Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out!

    ReplyDelete