Wednesday, November 28, 2007

It's Begun!

Winter, Christmas and the present making. Last night we had our first dusting of snow. We woke up to a wonderful gingerbread village dusted with powdered sugar. Yum...maybe there's some baking in my future.
The changing of the seasons can be represented by so many things. Today it was the fresh dusting of snow washing away the last of the sidewalk chalk drawings.
Also in my front yard this morning was my little tree gnome that my Dad and I stuck up there a couple of weeks ago. The sun hits him just right every morning and you can't help but laugh a little when you see him.

We've pulled out all of the warm blankets and have had a couple of cozy nights by the fire, hunkering down for our second winter in the snow. My project list seems to be getting longer and longer, while the supply pile keeps getting higher and higher. I need to get in there and knock out a few projects. This little doll blanket was a fun distraction last night when I should have been working on Christmas presents. I've grown to love the quality of moda fabric, it is so nice to work with. These were a few scrap squares that were already cut. With pre-cut squares and those fun sock monkeys and dots, I just couldn't help myself. It's going up on Etsy later today - maybe some one else will have one less project to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment