Friday, November 16, 2007

Great Times - Great Finds

This week my parents came for a visit. It was so nice to see them and spend time with them. While the kids were in school and the hubby was at work, we hit all of the local fabric shops and the local thrift store. These are some of my thrift store finds. The larger nesting doll only had two pieces inside that don't fit together, but such a steal for $1. The skier nesting dolls were $2 and every piece is in tact. The largest one has a nose that sticks out. Finally, a pair of mushroom S&P shakers, which I love not just for their cuteness, but because they remind me of my mom -she collects S&P shakers and has hundreds. I also found a picture/painting of a little girl that no one seems to like as much as I do, a garden gnome which is now resting in my tree outside, and a Peanuts thermos from the 70's. Josh asked if was to keep peanuts in? The juicebox generation.

The fabric stores were...well, they were fabric stores! A couple of them are in these really cool old buildings, with basements and second stories. Ah, and all of the yummy quilts on the walls and I even saw an Amy Butler Nappy Bag made up - that was my first Amy Butler experience. I'm finally catching up with you all! I only bought one fat quarter. I know, I know, but I've been trying to use up what I have and have specific christmas presents in mind for that fabric. Plus, my mom came bearing a wonderful gift bag of fabric that she had thinned out of her supply - thanks Mom! Here's where I should thank my Dad too, for letting us drag him around and being such a good sport about it - thanks Dad!

Well off to start the afternoon. I think I might just have Mexican Train withdraws!

No comments:

Post a Comment