Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Lasagna and An Adorable Scrap Bag

I just popped this baby out of the oven! The cheese is still bubbeling - emmm. So as you can see I'm feeling a little better. I made dinner, cleaned the neglected kitchen and finished up a project. All this and yesterday I went grocery shopping - I know, I know, hard to believe, but yes, it's true.


I spent about 3 hours at the grocery store. Don't you hate that? First you get dressed and go to the store which is a huge accomplishment in itself. Then you shop for what seems like hours going over every little thing, watching for bargains, and filling up your cart just right so that everything fits and the heavy stuff is on the bottom, the whole time trying to keep a running tally in your mind. You excitedly rush to the check out only to find that there are at least 3 people with a basket as big as yours waiting in line. After scoping out all of the lines you end up in the first one that you saw, but now there are 4 people in front of you. You make it through the line and show tremendous will power while smelling all of those candy bars. Now you have to unload cart and throw everything onto that conveyer belt counter thingy. You finish just in time to throw up the little divider and run to the other end of the cashier, racing to keep up with her as you reload the cart. As your loading your cart with eggs and bread trying to figure out how everything fit in it in the first place, you realize that all of heavy things that were at the bottom of the cart are now at the other end of the conveyor belt and are going to end up on your eggs, bread or both. $150 later, you thank the cashier, even though you're the one that has done most of the work and head to the car thinking about all of the things that you forgot and dreaming about all of the fabric and yarn you could have bought for $150. You get to the car start unloading the cart (again) and loading the car, where did I put those eggs. You get home, unload the car, drag it all into the kitchen, load up the pantry and fridge (of course this only happens after you spend 20 minutes cleaning out the fridge) and finally crash into a heap on the couch just as the kids walk in from school go to the kitchen and you get what you've worked so hard for....(whining) there's nothing good to eat. And....the best part is you get to do it all again next week.

I did finish the final touches on a project today. An adorable trash/scrap bag. It hangs on your sewing table or the arm of your couch and catches all of those little threads, yarn bits or trimmed fabric. I just love mine, so I decided to make a couple for Etsy. This one is going to be hard to part with, I love the colors. Well, off to finish up the dishes and the evening. Apparently in a moment of weakness I signed up to go on a field trip with Sara's 2nd grade class. Actually I do remember signing up but had no idea I would still be feeling out of breath. I was going to back out but when I mentioned the field trip she got so excited and reminded me that I was going. She excitedly told me that it is supposed to rain, but I shouldn't worry because she will share her umbrella. How can I pass up an offer like that?

1 comment: