Thursday, September 13, 2007

Fall is in the Air


Brother Spencer came across the street this morning and brought us "the last of the summer corn" from his garden. Can I just tell you that this city girl can husk some corn! The first time I did it I was scared of the husks and those little stringy hairs that you have to pull off, but by the end of the season, I as good as anyone. I can't think of anything better than a nice piece of home grown corn with a little salt and butter. Nacho Libre - Save me a piece of that corn.
The autumn wind has blown in a little visitor, Baby. Baby is the neighbors cat, but seems to like it better at our house. The little rascal sits in our window sills and crys all day. I'm not sure why...could it have been the slices of turkey, the milk or just the love and attention that we've been giving him? Today he followed me everywhere I went outside, and even came into the house. I scooped him up and took him in to let Tomaso have a sniff, but before I even made it into the room, Tomaso was hissing. I'm sure he's thinking - look lady I'm tolerating that dog you brought home, but now you're pushing it.



No comments:

Post a Comment